September 21, 2009

Nikkor Lens

Finally after some thoughts, I've decided to get myself a new addition - Nikon 55-200mm Normal-Telephoto Autofocus Lens. After reading a few reviews and comments from users over photography forums, this is apparently the best companion for my existing kit lens. I have not start shooting with the new lens as it was raining today. Was stranded indoor. If the weather is good tomorrow, I'll test it out!

Oh yeah, I have bought a few filters as well. I've bought Ultraviolet (UV) filter for each lens, mainly to protect the front of the lens. It is easily mounted on to the lens. A UV filter is mostly transparent to visible light, and can be left on the lens for nearly all shots. It has no effect to the photos taken unless strong UV filters are used. Well, I will explore further when the weather gets better.

One of the lens that I heart most is the Polarizer filter! =) I have always wanted to own one ever since I first saw the photo of clear blue sky with white-fluffy clouds taken with this filter. I couldn't resist when the sales girl was showing me the variety of lens. The 2 main effects of this filter in photography: it reduces reflections from non-metallic surfaces, and can darken the sky. I am really looking forward to a sunny day tomorrow! =) Can't wait to try out these new accessories! By the way, did I mention that these newbies cost quite a bit? Need to fully utilize them well enough! =p

6 comments:

Malinder said...

Wow! Congrats!! So fun getting new stuff :D What's the aperture on ur lens?

NatEcila said...

Hheheee...thanks! =) It's having aperture 4-5.6, not a very fast lens but it is good enough. Will upload some pics soon.

u~hee said...

wooo ... new gadgets, when you want to take my "seh zhen"?

NatEcila said...

Hahahhaa! Whenever you are ready! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow...seems that you are starting to invest for my wedding day ya..make sure you have more practices before the big day...hehe..

NatEcila said...

Heheee...you must have faith in me! =)