October 20, 2009

SkyFlaKes Or Not?

I was introduced to a new snack - SkyFlakes crackers. It is produced by Monde M.Y. San Corporation in the Philippines. Its flagship brand SkyFlakes crackers is one of the premium crackers. It is consistently enjoying the market leadership and gain acceptance not only locally but internationally as well.
This crispy biscuit is not found in Malaysia unfortunately, not that I am aware of. For now, I obtain my stock from our neighbour country at the South. It is priced at $8 for a tub of 30 individual packs. This biscuit comes in 2 flavours, plain and with peanut butter. I have tried both but still prefer the original flavour which is lightly salted. The crackers are always crunchy and go well with almost any beverages.
I was surfing and suddenly it strike my mind to read up on this product. I am so surprised and my jaw dropped when I read that a packet of SkyFlakes is equivalent to 1 cup of rice's calories! Gosh...there goes my diet plan for the week!! I got to cut down the intake from now on.
As I read further, there are quite a number of consumers posted reviews and tips on weight loss programmes with SkyFlakes! It's totally contradicting! E.g. a guy from UK was on feeding SkyFlakes for breakfast and lunch, and he loss 3kg in 1 week.
Well, what a relief it was to read those positive reviews! As it has been said, eat moderately and we shall be healthy! =) I will not give up on SkyFlakes!

No comments: