October 10, 2009

Little Lighthouse 2009

This is a back dated post of my lovely nephew and niece annual graduation cum concert @ PGRM, Cheras. The so-called graduation marks the end of a year achievements by the little ones - academically. Both my nephew and niece were performing that day and they were also awarded the Best Reader as well as Best Improvement Student.
On that day, the proud parents were all out to get the best seats. Most of the parents were well equipped with digital and video camera to capture the best moments of their beloved little ones. Everyone was so excited and they actually cheered when their princes and princesses stood on the stage. Well, I was one them (no, I didn't cheer) but I actually went right in front and squeezed myself among the parents to capture the best shots of my nephew and niece. As courtesy, I squat down with my camera for 45 minutes and yet I was told off by one of the parents that I was blocking her view!
I was busy shooting away and didn't realize time had passed. It was a great experience overall as I get to practice my photography skills, also there to witness their joyous moments. Though it was tiring, but there was satisfaction when I viewed the photos captured. =) One thing that I felt ashamed was I couldn't relay their performances to my sis as I was not watching them! That is the sacrifices when you are holding on to a camera. Congratulations to the little ones!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should consider getting someone to be the photographer so that you are being captured in the photos as well. You did block other parents' view? My God,thought you would have successfully slim down and was so happy that we could share our clothings literally. Hehe, anyway. Great effort in those photos, though both the nephew and niece were so tired. Keep up you photo skills.